$500 - Village of Birch Run

12060 Heath Street • P.O. Box¬†371 • Birch Run, MI 48415
US
$500 - Village of Birch Run's Image

Birch Run was originally founded as a station on the Pere Marquette Railroad by John Moore, it’s first Postmaster, in 1852.  The town was named after it’s creek, which runs thru a large birch tree area.  In 1863, the town was renamed Deer Lick and remained so until 1868 when it reverted back to Birch Run.  In 1955, Birch Run was incorporated as a Village.  Currently, the Village of Birch Run encompasses 1.89 square miles.