Saginaw County and the Great Lakes Bay Region are an incredible place to do business. From startups to multinational corporations, large retailers and healthcare organizations, Saginaw County businesses benefit from an abundance of affordable real estate, access to top talent, a low cost-of-business, and a location that offers convenient access into Canada and the rest of the United States.
Reasons to Do Business in Saginaw County
- Access to a highly skilled manufacturing workforce
- Free workforce development programs
- Access to incentives
- One-on-one business support offered by Saginaw Future Inc. and partners
- Easy interstate and river port access along with a robust infrastructure
- FREE shovel-ready sites
Saginaw County Facts
- In 2018, the Saginaw Metro Area was tied for 10th with 6 corporate facility projects in Metros with Population Less Than 200,000.
- Thirty cargo docks provide access to the Saginaw River shipping channel - Michigan’s eighth largest port by cargo volume with 4.6 million tons of river commerce annually.
- With 1,250 farms, Saginaw County was 3rd in Michigan for corn and soy production, 4th in Sugarbeets, and was one of the top 10 counties in wheat production.
- Saginaw is the Number 3 County for Tourism Revenue in Michigan.
- Saginaw was recently ranked #23 for Affordable Business Costs out of 1,261 small-sized cities by WalletHub
Saginaw County is also known for being an innovation hub. Innovation is supported through corporations, medical complexes, educational institutions and more than half a dozen independent research and innovation organizations. In addition, there has been continued investment from global industry leaders such as Dow, Hemlock Semiconductor and Nexteer Automotive. The presence of these large organizations and over 1,000 engineers has contributed to a thriving entrepreneurial culture as many past executives have started their own companies.
As an international community, Saginaw County is home to a diverse population and diverse businesses. With three Canadian border crossings nearby, local companies regularly do business in the Canadian market, and also benefit from Canadian tourism. In addition, the State of Michigan’s EB-5 program encourages foreign investment.
Multinational corporations like KUKA Assembly and Test Corp. (a German company), Nexteer Automotive (a Chinese company), Hemlock Semiconductor (partially owned by a Japanese company), and UMBRAGROUP (an Italian company), have discovered the many benefits of having their U.S. operations in Saginaw County.
It’s Easy to Do Business in Saginaw County
Saginaw Future Inc., in collaboration with local partners, makes starting or growing a business in Saginaw County an easier undertaking. By providing hands-on support, guidance and access to incentives and resources - the SFI team helps to solve problems and make business happen.